In the next few minutes, you would learn how to convert PDF to JPG online and on your computer for free. Earlier we discussed, “How to compress pdf files to reduce the size?” Converting your PDF files to JPG is easier, and can either be done on your computer directly or you can use online tools to do so. So let’s get started and convert some PDF to JPG.
Use Snipping Tool to save JPG file of PDF
If you have a small PDF file with 1-5 pages, then it is the best way to convert that PDF to JPG without any specific software or online tool. Windows has in-built snipping tool that you can use to take snips of the files or complete screen. Please follow the below steps to convert PDF to JPG using the snipping tool.
- First of all, open the file that you want to convert to JPG or PNG format. We recommend using smaller files with less number of pages for the convenience.
- Now open the snipping tool. You can do it by typing in the search box.
- Windows 10 users can also use the Snip & Sketch app to do so.
- When the snipping tool is open, click on the New with Scissor icon to start snipping.
- Select the page of the PDF file that you want to snip, and it would open a window to save the image file as JPG or PNG.
- Repeat the same procedure for converting all pages of PDF to image.
- This process takes some time and you need to manually snip out everything. We suggest you should do this when you have a small PDF file.
Please note that the Snipping Tool in Windows is moving to Snip & Sketch. Both have the same functionality. You can start snipping with “Windows Logo Key + Shift + S” for instant snips.
Convert PDF to JPG using iLovePDF.com
This is another tool that we are talking about. You may have found this in the previous post about converting PDF to Word or compressing PDF files. iLovePDF offers a wide variety of tools that include but not limited to Merge PDF, Split PDF, Compress PDF, PDF conversion etc. Please follow the below steps to extract image from PDF file using this free PDF to JPG converter.
- Visit https://www.ilovepdf.com/pdf_to_jpg
- Select the PDF file that you want to convert to JPG. You can directly upload from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Now you would have the option to either extract all image files from the PDF or convert PDF to JPG. Select the required option.
- After the conversion, the image file would download to your computer. You would also have the option to share using a link or directly upload to Dropbox or Google Drive.
- The free tool allows only two PDF files at a time and size limit of 25MB. You can upgrade to paid version for more features.
SmallPDF.com – Free PDF to Image Converter
Another tool is smallpdf.com that you can use as free PDF to JPG converter. This tool allows you to convert PDF file to JPG and directly download and share to at cloud drive (Dropbox or Google Drive) or with a link. While all the features are same as iLovePDF.com, smallpdf.com allows only two free tasks a day. You would need to upgrade to the paid version or sign up for a 14-days free trial to convert PDF to JPG after first two files.
- Visit Smallpdf.com and then select PDF to JPG under tools on the main menu
- Select the file that you want to convert in image format
- Converting all pages to separate image files is free for two tasks a day but if you want to extract all images, you should upgrade to pro version or use any other tool.
- After the conversion, the file would be ready to download and share.
Free online converter – pdf2jpg.net
This is another tool that is available for free. You would not have to pay any single penny to use their tool. The website is supported by ads, if you use an ad-blocker, you can help them by donating some amount.
The best thing about this website is that you can preview the image before it downloads on your computer. Thus you can change the quality of the image before downloading it actually on your computer. Also, you get the option to download in a zip file. Please follow the below steps to convert PDF to JPG for free:
- Visit pdf2jpg.net – a free only converter
- Choose the PDF file (25 MB size limit) and select the quality of the output image.
- Click on “Convert PDF to JPG” button and it would convert the file in the required quality.
- On the next page, you would get the option to view or download the output image file.
- Hurray! You have successfully converted PDF to JPG for free.
Above mentioned tools are some of the best PDF to image converter tools available online. You can use any of them according to your need. If there are less number of files in your PDF, then we suggest you go with the Snipping Tool (or Snip & Sketch) method. It is the easiest, and secure way of converting PDF to image without internet. Although, all the tools said to delete the uploaded files within few hours. Yet, it is good to be sure from our side.
Here are some more tools that you can try to convert PDF to JPG or any other format. You can try these according to your requirements:
If you know of any other tool that is easier to use and available for free, please let us know in the comment section and we would add it to the list.