Hello readers! Welcome to the complete Spectrum Internet Troubleshooting Guide as of 2021. If your internet is not working or trying to pay your bill, this guide will answer all queries. Also, by the end of this post, you will know some tips to reduce your bills and save huge every month.
Before moving further, let us start with a basic introduction to Spectrum Internet and its services to help someone who is not their customer yet, but may become in the future.
What is Spectrum Internet?
Spectrum or Charter Spectrum is the subsidiary of Charter Communication. It provides Internet, Cable TV, Landline, Home, and Mobile Phone plans for the United States. They provide internet and cable TV solutions to 44 states in the US.
Spectrum has more than 100 million residents across the US. It also provides international roaming service and long-distance to over 200 countries.
Common Spectrum Internet Issues
These are some of the common problems and issues faced by Spectrum Internet users. Sometimes the internet does not work, sometimes it keeps disconnecting, and sometimes issues with Cable TV and so on.
- Slow internet
- WiFi Internet not working
- Cable Internet problem
- Spectrum TV issues
- Frequent Internet disconnections
How to fix Spectrum Internet Problems
Here is a quick step-by-step guide to troubleshoot Spectrum Internet disconnection issues and other problems. Make sure you read the steps carefully and try the solution at your end.
Fix Spectrum Slow Internet Issue
If you think you are not getting sufficient speed on the internet, or a website takes to load to connect. Here is how you can check the internet speed test.
After knowing the current internet speed, follow the steps below to troubleshoot slow Spectrum Internet:
1. Restart the router: Restarting the router/modem can help fix many internet issues alongside the slow internet.
2. No. of connected devices: Now check how many devices are connected to the internet. Suppose there are multiple phones, computers, or tablets connected to the same internet. In that case, the bandwidth is divided, and you will see slower speeds.
3. Location of the router/modem: How far are you from the router/modem? An increase in distance between the router and computer/smartphone can result in slower internet speeds.
4. Internet Plans: Is the internet plan sufficient for all number of devices in your house? Maybe now is the time to look at the current internet plan.
5. Clear cache and restart computer/phone: It could be possible that the problem is with your device. You might try clearing the cache and restarting the computer/phone to troubleshoot slow Spectrum Internet.
Alternatively, you can follow the guide below to disable a background internet connection in a Windows computer.
Spectrum WiFi not working
If your Spectrum Internet WiFi is not working, you can follow the below steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check Router Lights
Every router has a set of LEDs identifying the connection status. Check the light for WLAN / Internet. If it is red, OFF, or blinking. There might be some issue with the internet cable.
2. Restart the router
3. Test the internet on other devices
As discussed earlier, sometimes the problem is with the computer or smartphone.
4. Reset the router
Take a paper click or other small-thin object and reset the router by pressing the button on the back of the router.
5. Check the drivers on your computer
6. Change router location
Most of the time, WiFi access gets blocked due to the poor placement of a router. You should always place the router at the central position making sure no object blocks the WiFi signal.
7. Check for outage
Sometimes, the company upgrades its network and troubleshoot any problem from its end. At such time, there might be a Spectrum internet outage in your area.
Check Spectrum outage map here.
8. Contact Spectrum Internet Support
That’s the last option if nothing works. Contact Spectrum Internet customer support for a possible fix. Here is the support number: 855-707-7328
You can also get easy support by installing the Android or iOS app on your phone or tablet.
How to get quick support from Spectrum
Sometimes you might not get easy support from Spectrum or any other company. Here is a trick to get quick help from a company nowadays. There will be no need to stay on hold while waiting for the call to connect with a support executive.
Follow the below tips to get quick support from Charter Spectrum or any other company:
1. Use the app
Many businesses are using mobile apps to provide support and track user queries. Instead of calling, or emailing, try creating a support request from your mobile app. Spectrum mobile app is available to download for Android and Apple users.
Apart from getting support, you will also get to manage your account and change other settings.
2. Social Media
Businesses take care of their social media presence more than ever in 2021. You can quickly get quick support by contacting the company on Facebook. Here is what you can do to get instant response from any business or Spectrum Internet on Facebook:
- Comment on a product or latest post and tag the company (@Spectrum)
- Message using the messenger
You can also use Twitter for quick support. Simple add @Ask_Spectrum while tweeting about your problem.
That was a quick guide to fix common internet connection problems with Spectrum services. Try the above steps and troubleshoot the problem. Please note that the internet issue can be resolved most of the time by simply troubleshooting the router. Hence, we recommend rebooting and resetting the router first before getting in touch with the customer support team.