Hello readers, in this post, we will discuss the best free PDF Compressor online to compress PDF files online directly from your web browser. These online tools allow you to compress PDF size without losing quality. Compressing PDF files sometimes becomes a kind of a headache when you urgently need to upload them. There is always the risk of low quality when compressing PDF too much. But, there are some online free PDF compressor that would do all the hard work for you.
Let’s dig into the world of free PDF compressor online that you can use to make your life easier.
- Why do you need to reduce PDF size?
- Smallpdf – Compress PDF Online For Free
- iLovePDF – Free Online PDF Compressor
- PDF2Go.com – Convert, Edit, Compress PDF Easily
- DocuPUB.com – Free Online PDF Compressor
- How to Compress PDF files using Adobe Acrobat
- Other Online Free PDF Compressor to Reduce PDF Size Online:
- Should I choose online tools to compress PDF files?
Why do you need to reduce PDF size?
We all understand that the more the digital file size, the more there would be quality. It means if your file is too large, then there are many chances that it has the best quality. But many websites do not allow files having a large size to be uploaded. For example, if you fill out some forms on the Govt. website or any company website, you could see a size limit on the files you upload.
Know how to convert PDF to JPG in less than 2 seconds!
These website owners usually do this to prevent load on their servers. That is the biggest reason people search for solutions to compress PDF files online. At such a time, a free PDF compressor online comes in handy to compress the PDF files without compromising the quality.
Smallpdf – Compress PDF Online For Free
Smallpdf is an online PDF compressor tool that allows you to compress PDF online free without installing any software on your computer. You can also do other things such as converting PDF to Docx, merge and edit PDF files. They support PDF files up to 5GB in size.
The Free PDF Compressor at Smallpdf.com reduces PDF size to 144 dpi, suitable for web and email.
How to compress the files using Smallpdf:
- Visit smallpdf.com and select compress pdf from the menu
- Browse files from your computer/dropbox/Google Drive or drop them on the web page
- Choose from basic or firm compression (depending upon size and quality)
- Now it would take some time, depending upon the file size and compression ratio
- Your file would automatically start downloading once the compressing is complete.
Note: Pro PDF compressor is a paid version and offers high-quality compression. You can subscribe to 14 days of the free trial or $12/month.
iLovePDF – Free Online PDF Compressor
iLovePDF is another online free PDF Compressor by which you can quickly reduce PDF size for free. The device is somewhat similar to Smallpdf but offers more features and some completely free tools. Although, you can upgrade to the paid version for more features and remove ads. But, it is still an excellent online free PDF Compressor to compress your PDF file easily.
How to use iLovePDF to Compress PDF files
- Visit ilovepdf.com and go to compress pdf from the menu
- Select or drop the PDF file that you want to squeeze (you can select it from your Google Drive or Dropbox)
- Now select the compression level or add more files to save your time. (free version supports two files per task for the PDF compression)
- Click on Compress PDF, and your file would be ready in few seconds. It would automatically download, and you get the option to share the file online.
- Files are automatically deleted after 2 hours to make sure you download the file before that.
PDF2Go.com – Convert, Edit, Compress PDF Easily
PDF2Go offers various pdf tools that include but are not limited to free PDF Compressor, Converter, Merge, edit, etc. PDF2Go offers all the tools for free. However, the free version has some limitations for the file size, number of files, etc. You can subscribe to as low as $4 per month to remove the restriction and upload the documents up to 8GB in size. Here are some of the tools that you will find on this website:
- Edit PDF
- Merge PDF
- Split PDF
- PDF to Excel
- Sort & Delete
- Rotate PDF
- Create PDF
- PDF to Text
- PDF Compressor
- Unlock PDF
- Protect PDF
- Repair PDF
And many other free-of-cost tools that you can use in your browser. That’s the best part of using online tools that there is no need to download and install any software on your computer. You can also add their extension to the Chromium-based browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge) and add-on for Mozilla Firefox.
How to compress PDF files using PDF2Go.com
- Visit Compress PDF – Compress your PDF document online on their official website
- Upload files from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive. You can also paste the URL to the file.
- Wait for the upload to complete
- Choose the compression quality and click on Start Button
- Now, wait till the compression is complete. Please note that it may take a while depending upon the file size and compression you choose
- The compressed file will automatically download; you can also upload the file directly to your cloud storage or share a QR-code to download
- After reducing the PDF file size, you can take more actions
DocuPUB.com – Free Online PDF Compressor
DocuPUB is one of the oldest document processors launched by Neevia Tech in 1999. DocuPUB document converter allows you to convert the document files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Doc, etc.) to image, PDF, or PDF/A format. The PDF compressor at DocuPUB.com allows compressing PDF files without losing the quality. You can also merge and resize/scale PDFs on DocuPUB’s official website.
Although the tools provided by this website are lesser when compared to some new websites, it still offers quality compression and conversion. Neevia Tech also offers various software handling PDF conversions, mergers, splitting, stamping, etc. You can download this free PDF Compressor on your computer for offline usage.
How to compress PDF using DocuPUB PDF compressor
- Visit their official website here
- Click on Compress PDF on the main menu
- Select the compression presets according to the desired quality
- Choose compatibility with Adobe Acrobat
- Customize the image settings and discard unwanted objects
- Select the file you want to squeeze
- Click on Upload and Compress
- Wait for a moment and download the squeezed PDF file.
Once the uploading is complete, it may take some time to process the compression request depending upon the size and quality of the file.
How to Compress PDF files using Adobe Acrobat
You can use Adobe Acrobat tools for all PDF editing works and reduce PDF size. Most organizations prefer Adobe Acrobat for compressing their PDF files. It is a more secure and controlled way of editing a PDF file.
- Open the Optimize PDF tool from the tool center
- Now select the file you want to compress
- On the top menu, select reduce size option
- Now you need to select the compatibility version; this would determine the compression level and size of the PDF file.
- A save dialogue box would appear, rename and save your reduced size PDF file.
For more detailed info, please visit the official help website or contact us to reduce PDF size.
Other Online Free PDF Compressor to Reduce PDF Size Online:
There are more similar tools online that you can use to reduce the size of PDF for free. These tools are identical to the two mentioned above. All you have to do is visit the website and go to the Compress PDF option. Then everything else remains the same. Although, you may notice a difference in the service they provide. For example, some have different limits on their tools. You might not be able to compress huge files on all online devices. Here are some of the free online PDF Compressor software to compress PDF and reduce the size:
- SodaPDF.com (Also provide desktop application)
Do not forget to mention your favorite tool to compress PDF online for free. We would add more working excellent tools to the list.
Should I choose online tools to compress PDF files?
Now, you have known some methods to compress your PDF file size for web or email. But, did any question scratch your mind about security? These are online software, and the security is never 100% when working with the clouds. We are already aware of many data breaches on big company servers.
Although, every free PDF Compressor online mentions that files are automatically deleted after a specific time of the uploads. Smallpdf offers to delete the files within 1 hour while iLovePDF does the same in 2 hours. But if your file contains sensitive matter, then it is never suggested to use online tools for such a task. Please keep in mind the following points before you try Free PDF Compressor online:
- The website is using HTTPS / valid SSL certificate.
- Check for the encryption details on the website.
- Smallpdf will only work in incognito mode if you have a registered account with them.
- Check the file limits and delete the file by yourself after your work is complete.
- For sensitive documents, always use offline tools to compress, convert, edit any document file.
Those were some of the best free PDF Compressor Online, by which you can compress PDF online and reduce PDF size quickly. If you still face some issues, please feel free to get in touch with us. You can also share your feedback and valuable suggestions. I will update the content on this website regularly to ensure you get the best technical experience.
Hi, I am the creator of this blog. I started this website to help people digitally and be their internet companion. If I'm not writing, I'm probably helping someone with their website or trying to complete a Netflix series I recently started watching.