Do you want to play games on your newly bought PC but do not know how to download games? Do not worry; by the end of this post, you will be downloading cool free games on your PC. Follow this 5-minute guide for “How to download Games on PC” and play excellent games on your computer or laptop.
Download Games on PC from Google
There is a saying, “You do not know anything? You Google it!” Yes, Google has proven to be the best Search Engine for the past decade. You can download games on PC by just Googling them. All you must do is, open your web browser and search for any of the following keywords:
“download free games”
“games for pc free download”
“download pc games”
“games downloading websites”
Do not forget to include “download” in your search term. You may find online game results otherwise. This way of downloading games to the PC is quite usual yet popular.
Tips: Before downloading any games, make sure to read the system requirements. The game must be compatible with your computer.
Download from Windows Store
Windows store provides the safest and easiest way of downloading games on PC. The games are shown to you as per your computer configuration. If any game is not compatible with your PC, you will not get any option to download it. Follow the below steps to download games on PC from Windows Store.
How to download games on PC from Windows Store?
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer by search in the search bar.
- Click on the Gaming tab on the top or just search for games using the search box on the top right corner.
- Click on any games that you want to play.
- Scroll down to check game details (Game size, features, version info, etc.).
- Click on the System requirements tab to check compatibility with your computer. Your computer should meet “Recommended requirements” to play games efficiently.
- Click on the “Get” button to install downloading games on PC.
- Hit the “Launch” button and start playing. Next time find the game on the Application list.
Download using Torrent
It is another way by which you can download games on PC for free. All the content available on the Torrent is free of cost. That means there is a considerable risk of security. Torrent is used chiefly for pirated copies of software, games, videos, etc. If you want to download any paid game for free, then Torrent is an excellent option to go.
Related: Free Online Jigsaw Puzzle Games
Nothing is entirely free in this world, and you can get security risks such as viruses, malware alongside the game file. Make sure you have good security software/antivirus installed on your computer.
Please follow the below guide for downloading games from torrent for free. Please note.
We do not support piracy, and this post is for informational and testing purposes only. We suggest you purchase the games from official websites only.
How to download games on PC using Torrents
- It would be best if you had a client to open torrent links. Install any Torrent client (uTorrent or BitTorrent)
- Alternatively, you can use the Brave browser; it has an in-built Torrent client.
- Now open your web browser and visit the Pirate-Bay website. (The website links are dead after some time. You need to find the working links by searching with term “pirate bay proxy lists”)
- When the website is open (see the pic above), enter the game name in the search box.
- In the search results, check for the no. of seeders (SE tab). There should be a good number of seeds for working download links with fast speed.
- Open any link with a good number of seeds and click “Get This Torrent”
- It will open the torrent client you installed in the first step.
- When the downloading is complete, remove the torrent from the download list (in torrent client) and exit the client.
- Open the folder where you have downloaded the game and follow the instructions to install games on your PC.
Things to keep in mind when downloading games using torrent sites:
- You may find a lot of ads on the websites. Make sure you take care of the links you are clicking on.
- You might see the warning on the website requiring you to install Flash player or any other software. Ignore such warnings.
- The government may block the torrent in your country, and it is not a good idea to download pirated content. Hence, we suggest you have a good VPN installed on your computer. Here is the list of top VPNs that you can get for your computer.
- Tor browser bundle is another way of browsing the internet anonymously.
- There is a huge probability that you would get security issues while downloading games using torrent sites. Keep in mind to have good antivirus software installed on your computer.
- While installing the games, you may need to disable your antivirus for the cracks to work in the case of paid games. To avoid such confusion, do not forget to read the reviews before downloading the game.
- After installing the game on your PC, enable your antivirus again.
- If you are not an expert in handling antivirus things on your computer, feel free to take someone’s help.
- Last but not least, “Always try to go for the paid version and avoid torrent sites if possible.”
Download Games from Steam or Epic
Steam and Epic are the two most prominent video games distributer worldwide. You will find thousands of games on the Steam and Epic platform. You might find several new games having a direct launch on these platforms.
It is one of the safest ways to download games to a PC or Laptop. By purchasing games from such certified distributors, you get continuous future updates and support for any issue. Plus, the game is free from any security threat, and you get an original copy of the game.
How to install games from Steam or Epic
- Sign up for Steam here and Epic here.
- Verify your email address and search for the game you want to install on your PC
- Read all the details mentioning requirements and compatibility with your computer.
- If the game is compatible with your PC, you are good to go for purchasing the game.
- Add the game to your cart and complete your purchase.
- You will get instructions to install the game on your PC.
- You should have a reliable internet connection for fast downloading.
You may like: Best Free Online Games of 2021
Download Games on Computer from Official Website
This is also a good way to download games on PC. You can visit the official website for any game and download from there.
For example, you want to download PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds). You can visit pubg.com directly and purchase the game from the official website.
Benefits of download games form the official website:
- You get a clean copy of the game
- Future updates and support
- Latest news
- All accurate information
- No need to search for download options
Play Free Games Using an Android Emulator
Do you love playing on your Android smartphone? You can enjoy those games on your computer. Some game developers provide the mobile version of their game for free. For example, you can play PUBG mobile on your smartphone for free, but you need to pay for the PC version.
By using an Android Emulator, you can experience mobile games on your Windows PC. There are a lot of good free Android emulators that you can use. Follow these instructions to download and play games on emulators:
- Download and install a free Android emulator on your computer (here is a list of top free Android emulators)
- Log in to the Google Play store
- Install the game you love
- Play your favorite games for free on PC
Thank you so much for bearing with me guys and reading the post till the end. I hope you like the way you can play free games on your computer. We will update the post regularly to provide more related information. Please help us grow and share your valuable feedback in the comment below. Do not forget to share the post with your friends and help them play some cool games on the computer.
Subscribe: You can subscribe to our newsletter for help and tutorials on gaming.
Disclaimer: The logos and images used in this image are the respective property of their owners. We are using such logos for reference purposes only.