Download WinRAR Windows 10 free
This post will learn how to use WinRAR properly and how you can download WinRAR for Windows 10 free. WinRAR is the most popular archive software to compress and decompress files. After dominating the Windows OS for a long time, WinRAR is available on smartphones too. By the end of this post, you will know how to use WinRAR and what are its alternatives that you can use.
What is WinRAR, Why should you download it?
WinRAR is a file archive utility software for Windows OS. It was developed by Eugene Roshal of win.rar GmbH. You can create and view archives in RAR or ZIP file formats with WinRAR. You can also unpack numerous archive file formats, including CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z, etc. To enable the user to test the integrity of archives, WinRAR embeds CRC32 or BLAKE2 checksums for each file in each archive. WinRAR supports creating encrypted, multi-part, and self-extracting archives.
WinRAR provides a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command-line interface. It is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure.
WinRAR provides the benefit of industry-strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion GB in size. You can also create self-extracting and multi-volume archives with it. You can reconstruct damaged archives with the help of recovery records and recovery volumes.
This post is for informative purposes only; you should always purchase a genuine copy of the software. We suggest you buy the premium version from WinRAR’s official website.
Download WinRAR free Full Version
Here you can download WinRAR full version for free. Please note that the you can also download it from the official website. We recommend you go for the premium version after making a purchase here. Alternatively, you can use other archive utility software mentioned at the end of this post.
|File Name||Win RAR v5.50 / WinRAR v6.00|
|File Size||4-8 MB|
|Requirements||Windows 64-bit OS (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7)|
|License||Free / Full Version|
WinRAR Download Link
Click on the link below to download WinRAR’s free and full version. These downloads are free from viruses and malware. Please note that we do not support piracy; you should download the genuine copy from WinRAR’s official website. Also, we do not own these versions; we have only provided the full setup version link from the trusted resources.
How to Use WinRAR?
Click on the link given above to download WinRAR on your computer. Once you have downloaded WinRAR for your computer, follow the below steps to start using WinRAR on your computer or laptop:
- Double click on the downloaded file and install it in the desired location. You may choose not to change the installation directory as it will not use much space.
- Agree to the license agreement and click on the next button to start the installation of WinRAR.
- Ensure to check all the boxes (especially RAR) while selecting the extensions and click OK.
- Click on Done, and now it is successfully installed on your computer.
Ok so now you have successfully installed WinRAR on your computer. All the files that require WinRAR will now open with it. You will see the icon in front of the supported file that can be used with zip archive software. Here is how you can use WinRAR alternatively:
- Open the WinRAR app (by searching in the taskbar) and select the desired option. You can create archives, compress files, and unzip archives.
- Alternatively, right-click on any compressed file to extract it to a specific location.
- Right-click on any folder/file to compress it.
- Please note that you can save the disk space to a limit and maintain the quality of files by using compression.
How to use WinRAR For Android Smartphoneone
WinRAR is available for free on Android smartphones. By using it, you can view and extract zip files directly from your mobile phone. It is available to install for free from Google Play Store. Click on the link below to install the latest WinRAR version for your smartphone.
You can not download WinRAR free or full version on iPhone. However, you can use the other free alternative: WinZip for iPhone.
- First of all, install the RAR app on your Android smartphone. It is available for free, and you can subscribe and support the developer by paying just $1 per year.
- Open the app once the downloading is finished, you will see the phone’s file directory. You can customize which files to show by clicking on the three-dot menu.
- Select any file you want to extract and click on the Extract icon from the top (the icon has Up Arrow with it).
- To make an archive file, click on the Compress icon (the icon with a plus sign) to create the archive.
- You can also click on any .zip or .rar file from the file manager to unzip it.
Please note that the RAR app for Android smartphones is available for free of cost. However, you can support the RARLAB developer by subscribing at just $1/year.
Although WinRAR is great, still there are many other free archive utility software that can be used on your computer and offer more features. These WinRAR alternatives provide fast compression, and some of these are used for server-level compression. Let’s have a look at these free software you can use on your computer:
PeaZip – Free, Open-Source Archiver Utility
PeaZip is one of the best alternatives to WinRAR and is used to compress or decompress large file sizes. PeaZip is mostly used by developers and professionals for fast compression and decompression. PeaZip is a favorite choice to ARC, Brotli, GZip, PEA, TAR, and 200+ other archive types.
|Name||PeaZip Free Archiver Utility|
|Supported OS||64-bit and 32-bit including Windows, Linux, BSD|
You can download PeaZip from its official Github repository. Follow the step-by-step guide to install and use PeaZip on your computer:
- Download PeaZip archiver from https://peazip.github.io/
- PeaZip is available for major 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems, including ReactOS, Wine OS, Linux, BDS, and other Windows versions.
- You can either download the installer to install on your computer or download the portable version that works on 64-bit and 32-bit computers.
- Wait for the download to complete and locate the downloaded file on your computer. Double click to install the software or extract the portable Zip file and doubt-click on peazip.exe.
- Accept the software terms and conditions and complete the installation.
- Check all the necessary file types you want to use with PeaZip.
- Once you open the PeaZip software, you will see a simple layout of your computer’s root directory.
- Double-click on the preferred drive and select the software your want to compress. You can also right-click on any file/folder to make the archive file.
PeaZip also allows you to securely delete a file from your computer so that it would not be recovered in the future. You can use this free utility software to test and repair damaged archives.
Pro Tip: If you want to use an archiver for advanced capabilities and fast compression, we suggest using the PeaZip instead of WinRAR. WinRAR is suitable for beginners, and offers fewer features, and is user-friendly.
7-Zip is another free and open-source archiver utility software for Microsoft Windows. It is available for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS. You can use 7-zip as an alternative to downloading WinRAR Windows 10 free. 7-Zip is mostly suitable for users compressing large file sizes using the .7z archive. As the name suggests, 7-zip is primarily for .7z archive types. However, it supports numerous archive file types.
Here are some of the features of this open-source WinRAR alternative:
- Very high compression ratio in 7z Format
- Compression and decompression: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, ZIP, WIM, and TAR
- Decompression (Extraction) Only: AR, CAB, CPIO, DMG, FAT, GPT, ISO, MBR, ARJ, NTFS, RAR, RPM, XAR, Z, and other archive file types.
- Strong AES-256 encryption (7z and Zip formats)
- Self-extraction for 7z
- Windows Shell Integration
- Powerful File Manager and Command Line Version
- Supports 87 languages
Other WinRAR Alternatives
Here are some other WinRAR alternatives that you can download or use on Windows 10 for free. We will discuss online tools in upcoming posts.
- RAR File Extractor
- Unzip Online
Thank you so much for making it to the end. If you like the post, please share it with others. If you do not like the post, please share your valuable feedback with us, improving it. Meanwhile, you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay updated with the latest post that might be useful to you. We promise never to spam!