This post is all about selecting the best photo editor app for Android in 2021. I understand the last two years have been excruciating for most of us due to COVID19. I hope life will again get back to normal very soon.
Well, the lockdown situation became productive for some people as they developed a passion for new skills. Some started photography and editing; some started Vlogging on YouTube. If you are one of them, you might require a good photo editing app for your smartphone.
Did you try taking some pics in 2021 and comparing them with your old pics? Well, I tried the same, but I didn’t notice much difference in me. But I wanted to improve the quality of my old pics. That lead me to find a photo editing app on my phone. Because who doesn’t like good photos?
We are not professional photographers and are not efficient in adjusting the light and color levels to get stunning images. But we can find an excellent photo editor app online and do wonders in the way we want.
Before moving further on our quest to find a good photo editing app for Android and iPhone, let me tell you how to find the photo editor app of your choice.
- How to Choose Best Photo Editor Apps for Android?
- PicsArt: Photo Editor, Video Editor & Collage Maker
- Photo Lab – Photo Editing App for Android & iPhone
- Pixlr: Free Photo Editor
- PhotoDirector: Free Animate Photo Editor
- Adobe Photoshop Express Photo Editor & Collage Maker for Android & iPhone
- YouCam Perfect – Best Free Photo Editor & Selfie Camera
- Snapseed – Free Photo Editor without Ads
How to Choose Best Photo Editor Apps for Android?
It would help if you asked yourself such a question every time you are looking for something online. It is the smart way of giving your photos a retouch in no time.
There are a lot of photo editing apps available online and offline. You can use these apps on your Android or iPhone. You can also use some of these on a Computer (Windows & Mac).
Although, some available options allow you to edit photos without an app or other software. There are free photo editor apps and paid photo editor apps available in the Google Play Store & the App Store.
All the apps feature some cool functions. But before installing or purchasing a photo editor app, make sure you keep in mind the following things:
- Are there any In-App-Purchases (for free apps)?
- Are there filters for instant editing?
- Do they allow sharing on social media?
- Ads-free or not?
- Is there any watermark on the pictures?
We suggest you notice the above things in an app that you’re going to use (especially a paid app). If there are In-App-Purchases, then you may have to purchase some items inside the app. Or, you might have to distract yourself with in-app ads. So be ready for it.
Note: This is not a paid promotion, and we are not promoting any app here. The post is for informative purposes only, and you will find some of the best photo editor apps for Android and iPhone.
PicsArt: Photo Editor, Video Editor & Collage Maker
If you are into photo editing, you may have heard of this app, and there are 80% chances that you may have installed this app on your Android phone. It is one of the most incredible photo editor apps on the PlayStore. Along with photo editing, they provide instant collage makers and grids too.
PicsArt does not only provide the photo editing experience, but you can also edit your videos here. PicsArt has a broad range of products that are available for Android, iPhone, and Windows smartphones.
The main reason behind PicsArt’s popularity is the number of features they provide in one app is tremendous. Install the app on your phone, and you’re going to love the app.
You can download PicsArt and their other app for free. However, you need to go for a premium subscription (starting @ $4.66) to unlock extra features and remove watermarks.
- The online and offline editor
- Stickers, Collage, Drawing
- Brush Mode
- Video Editor
- Collage Maker
- AI-powered filters and effects
- Live camera effects
- Millions of free to use images
- Contains ads
- In-App purchases
Photo Lab – Photo Editing App for Android & iPhone
Photo Lab is another photo editor app on the list. The app is well known for its unique quick touch. The app is trending with more than 100+ million downloads and is free to use.
Although you may have to spend some money on special features, still it’s a good choice if you’re new to photo editing and wants some quick makeover to your pictures. Photo Lab has other features that include but are not limited to:
- More than 900 effects
- Neural Art Styles, which turn your photo into artwork
- Wide collection of Photo frames
- Realistic photo effects with Advanced face detection algorithm
- Photo Collages and montages
- Face photo montages
- Art Frames
- Contains ads
- Premium Subscription for extra features
Pixlr: Free Photo Editor
Pixlr is a cross-platform photo editing app for Android, iPhone, Mac, Windows, and Web. Yes, you can use Pixlr free photo editor on multiple platforms. The apps are available to download for free from their official website. You can install the free mobile apps directly from Google Play Store or App Store.
If you’re looking for quick fixes and amazing photo effects, you must try this app. You will have the access to all the basic tools you need in a photo editing app. What do you want to do with a photo editor?
Do you want to create a Collage with different layouts?
Or with varying options of background?
Or customized spacing?
Well, the app has all. Isn’t it cool that you can find more than a million combinations of filters, overlays, and free photo effects? Pixlr has several fun features that include:
- Categorized your most favorite effects
- Auto fix your photos for proper balancing of colors
- Make a collage of up to 25 pictures with different customizations
- Style your photos with doodles, ink, or drawing
- Online photo editor
- 8196 x 8196 resolution (paid)
- Supported by Ads
- Unlock extensive tools and unlimited layout with paid subscription
- Background Removal Photo Editing App
PhotoDirector: Free Animate Photo Editor
PhotoDirector is another photo editor app that allows you to adjust your images’ colors and tone quickly. It is a multi-purpose app with a stylish user interface and many special features. You can also create live effects with an in-built camera and share them with your friends and family on social media.
PhotoDirector is an artistic photo editor by Cyberlink, a company known for Multimedia Softwares. You can use the PhotoDirector app to create fantastic animated photos and collages. Here are some of the awesome features of this editing app:
- Free photo editor and collage maker
- Animation tools
- Power edits using AI
- Object removal
- Face shaper
- Sticker Maker
- Blur photo editor
- Highlights and shadows
- Instafill for Instagram
- Contains ads
- Unlock premium features with a subscription
Adobe Photoshop Express Photo Editor & Collage Maker for Android & iPhone
Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular photo editing software for Windows and Mac. The mobile version of this award-winning editing software is popular as Adobe Photoshop Express Photo Editor.
Adobe Photoshop is the first choice for Editing and Creating designs by various professionals and hobbyists. People love bringing their imagination to the life with Adobe Photoshop.
The smartphone variant is one of the most fantastic photo editing apps you can find on the Google Play Store and App Store. It is packed with excellent features and cool effects along with all crop, collage, and special one-touch filters. The best thing about photoshop express is that it’s free to download, and it is ad-free. Here is a list of some of the many features that photoshop express provide:
- Supports multiple file formats (JPG, PNG) and raw files (ARW, CR2, CRW, DNG, ERF, RW2, etc.)
- More than 80 filters to choose from for an instant effect
- One-touch noise reduction
- Instant social sharing to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Easily handle large files (panoramic pictures)
- Blur effect
- Spot Healing
- Quick Fixes
- Unlock extra features with in-app purchase
- No ads
YouCam Perfect – Best Free Photo Editor & Selfie Camera
As the name suggests, YouCam Perfect is a fantastic photo editing app for selfie lovers. It provides quick photo editing, beauty selfies, collage, and frames maker, along with full editing features. It is the perfect combination of photo editing tools in 2021 if you’re a selfie lover and want instant effects.
The app has some cool features like Face Re-Shaper, Body Slimmer, Eye Bag Remover, and more. The app contains ads, and you may require to pay for some features. Here is what you can expect after installing YouCam Perfect photo editor app on your smartphone:
- Perfect selfies in seconds
- Stylish collages, frames, and effects
- Animated effects
- Magic brush and layers
- Object remover
- Background remover
- Easy steps for flawless face in every photo
- Real-time skin beautifying for photos and videos
- Full editing toolkit (on-touch filters, blur, cropping, mosaic, and more)
- Stylize your pics and easily share them with friends
- Watermark in free version
- Contains ads
- Limited object removal in free version
- Unlock HD saving by paid subscription
Snapseed – Free Photo Editor without Ads
Snapseed is Google’s own professional photo editor. If you want ad-free photo editing experience without paying anything, you could go for Snapseed. You will not be prompted to purchase anything.
Snapseed is loved by more than 50 million people around the world. It is easy to use photo editing app for Android and iPhone. This photo editor app provides many features, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, etc. You can easily edit jpg and raw files, or you can save your look for later editing. The app allows you to instantly tune-up your picture before you share it with your friends.
Here are some features that you can find in Snapseed:
- Import raw files and export as jpg
- Cool dark mode
- Precise filter brush
- Cool blurs and noise reduction in seconds
- Drama, Grunge, Vintage, Noir, Face pose, and more different tools to choose from
- Save your edits and apply them to new photos
- Precise control
- Tune images
- HDR Scape
- Face enhance
- and a lot more!
Thank you for taking the time to read till the end. We appreciate your time and patience. If you have any suggestions or feedback please share with us in the comment below.
Well, that was a list of selective apps which we have tried and tested. Keep in mind that we have not included these apps on the list according to their performance.
We advise you to read more details about apps on PlayStore and choose according to your requirement and interest. If you have more good apps in the account, mention them in a comment below, and we will add more excellent apps to the list.
Disclaimer: The images and logos used in the post are authorized properties of their respected owner.